Saturday, March 1, 2014

Guitar, Trail Running, and Books

The past two weeks have been filled with guitar, trail running, and books.

Guitar
Thanks to my wonderful guitar master teacher Mike, my guitar skills have improved ten fold.The man is so gifted and I feel very fortunate for him to pass on a little bit of his legacy to me. Im learning a very unique style from mike, maybe ill post something sometime.

Trail Running
I love it. Theres something very thrilling about going out into the middle of no where on a dirt trail with nothing and taking off. Its peaceful and its where I feel the closest to my higher power and the most connected with nature. Ive also made radio hill my second home and have been spending alot of hours out there working on my vertical climbs. Which I am finding is excellent training in helping me stay injury free on my distance runs. Also more exciting news, I trained my mom to run radio hill!! Im most certain she may be the first 50+ to ever accomplish such a challenge. Im really proud of her, and its been something that has helped us grow closer. She also accompanies me a few times a week on some of my runs. I love her motivation to still strive for super results even at her age. I think she deserves the hash #agewasneverafactor. Also I cannot be more grateful for all the beauty I experience on my runs. Here are a few cliche sunset pics ive snappped while out on my runs, I know.... but when you experience something this beautiful everyday you cant help but not! Anywho cant say enough about all the greatness running is for me right now: ran a total of 36 miles this week! wowzer bowzer!






Books:
Something very unusual has happened in my reading and that is that im starting to read more "classic like" material. I know its weird! It all started when I took a chance and decided to read Hemingways "The sun also rises". I found it so amusing that something written so long ago could still carry a modern day humor to it. Next thing I knew I was reading things from  Leo Tolstoy and then Maya Angelou (shes not really classic but African American Lit never enticed me either and now it does). Now Im on to James Joyce. Maybe its just a phase Im going through or maybe its just my little brain finally maturing into a beautiful well rounded lad.

And thats whats new in the life of Jenny bo denny fee fi fenny.



No comments: